Tuesday 18 October 2011

First blog

So my Daddy went into hospital last week, but I have to say I think its been going quite good. I had no idea that dad went into hospital that morning when I woke up. Mum phoned Aaron and woke him up in the morning to tell him that they'd gone to Oxford. He apparently then came into my room, whispered 'hey Nathan, Dad's gone into hospital' and I replied 'Ok then' and flopped back to sleep!!  The day started out a bit weird, as Mum and dad weren't there, but they said my Uncle would be there to pick us up, so we got dressed and waited for him.  My Uncle picked us up from home, of course he had to have his dubstep music blaring out his window. 

The day passed and so did the next week, I heard from mum everyday when I stayed at my friend's house. I even got a very short video message from Dad on the second day. I loved staying at my friends house! First of all, I had my own room with a double bed, its so cool, you fall alseep on one side of the bed, then wake up on the other. His parents made me feel so welcome at their house, even if we did get served broccoli every dinner time.  My friend has a double bed as well, but I don't see why he does, he curls up in one tiny corner of the bed and stays in that same position the whole night. I think if you have a double bed, make the most of it (don't just curl in one corner)!   

When Mum came home this Saturday I didn't get to see much of her. I already had arrangements with my friend's family, which was fine (lots of food!)but all I really wanted to do was go home. My friend and I left in the middle of a boring game of scrabble. I was glad to see Mum, and I think, well I hope, she was glad to see me too.

So now I am at home, sleeping in my own lovely (small) bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment